About me

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The new face of patient gratitude

From Jennifer Keller, pediatric surgery: “Just passing along a moment of gratitude. This is a gift from a patient’s family following their son’s surgery. I tried to refuse multiple times yesterday but they were not having it. So today, when I discharged them from the hospital this was waiting for me. Not sure there’s a more generous way to say thank you right now than to give someone Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.” Note: For dramatic effect, I took the liberty of embellishing the photo Dr. Keller sent me with a crown, angel wings, and an Olympic medal podium theme. This in no way implies that cute puppies and chocolate chip cookies are no longer welcome, but it does demonstrate how times have changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The reasons why things is like they are

Acts of commission, omission, and microaggression are just a few examples of how we contribute to the racial divides and socioeconomic dispa...